Finding the right tools to get the job done can make your life a hell of a lot easier! Below are a list of what I consider to be the best in their field of expertise and should give you the best results.
Websites & Online Tools
- Hostgator – I Recommend Hostgator to anyone starting a new website for their hosting and domain name registration. You can also set up WordPress in a few clicks with Hostgator They offer 24/7 customer support and guarantee 99.9% uptime. (Get 20% off here)
- Backup Buddy – Set and forget your backup process and always have a copy of your site to fall back on when things go wrong. Check out our guide on how to backup your WordPress website.
- WordPress – The leading Content Management System in the world for building simple but powerful websites and blogs.
- Google Analytics – An awesome and free tool for seeing how visitors your website is getting, as well as where they’re from, who referred them and what pages they viewed (plus a hell of a lot more), well worth signing up for!
Graphics & Stock Images
- Shutterstock – The world’s leading stock photography & vector art site, you’ll find the best royalty free images in the world here at a decent price
- iStock – Another top Stock Photo & Vector site which is my second preference after Shutterstock for premium photos
- Free Images – A free stock photo site. Free Images offers reasonable photos but at not cost!
- Elegant Themes – The best place to find creative pre-designed themes, that really make you website stand out. The best thing is that you get access to all of their themes for the price of one – including the highly customizable Divi Theme.
- Builder – An excellent and easy to customize premium theme with great ease, I use it for a lot of my websites.
- The Thesis Theme for WordPress – This customizable theme is engineered for great SEO, making it easier to rank on google.
(Alternatively you can find free themes with limited functionality through the WordPress dashboard.)
A few handy E-books for learning how to get the results you’re after.
- CSS – Mastering CSS for Web Developers
- WordPress – Digging into WordPress
- Search Engine Optimisation – try Getting to know SEO
If you run a website and talk about products and services, you can try monetizing your website with the tools below.
- Google Adsense – The best Pay Per Click network on the internet – a great way to make some easy bucks.
- Commission Junction – A huge marketplace of products of all types to sell and make a decent commission from.
- Clickbank – Find very high commission digital products to sell on Clickbank.
- Share a Sale – similar to commission junction, a wide range or physical and digital products to sell with decent commission.
- Amazon Associates Program – Anything you find on Amazon can be sold for a commission – this is a powerful affiliate program!